There are no set patterns to how children learn and our commitment to you and your family shows itself through…
- Our nursery philosophy which is the same now as it was when we first started: “Children learn through play”.
- Our premises which ensure that the learning environment is bright and spacious, yet warm and welcoming. We provide self contained baby and toddler rooms to allow an especially high staffing ratio and continuity of care for the very young and our early learning rooms offer continuous areas of provision within the Early Years Foundation Stage. This allows the children to make choices and become independent learners.
- The quality of our staff and our team’s happiness at work which helps to create the family atmosphere of our Nurseries and KOOSH clubs. As an accredited Investor in People, training and development is very important to us and all our care staff are either qualified or working towards a child care or play work qualification. We offer NVQ training and assessment on site and all our managers have higher level qualifications or degrees.
- Our emphasis on nutritious, home cooked, locally sourced food and on physical exercise.
- Extended care where the emphasis at KOOSH clubs (Kaleidoscope Out Of School Hours) is mainly on recreation and developing social and creative skills rather than academic ones. Learning through creative, imaginative and fantasy play the children develop both independence and teamwork skills and we involve them in all aspects of the clubs from suggesting planned and unplanned activities to helping make tea.
- Our policies and procedures which have been carefully developed to ensure that your child will be safe and secure, led by good example and treated as individuals.